Full course description
Pre-Recorded Webinar: This webinar will provide an overview of apprenticeship, detail the differing types of apprenticeship, highlight the broad spectrum of occupations that are apprenticeable and identify how to find apprenticeship opportunities, and what steps to take to assist individuals seeking a career path through apprenticeship.
- This training counts as 1 CEU for UNT WISE
- This training earns 1 CEU for CRCC
Upon completion of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- More fully understand the apprenticeship system and its nuances.
- Realize the variety of industries and occupations that offer apprenticeship as a training to career option.
- Know how to find apprenticeship opportunities and understand the value of apprenticeship to individuals with disabilities being served through VR and partner agencies.
Presenter: Nikki Powis
Nikki Powis has worked for over 30 years in the field of Workforce Development at the local, regional, statewide and national level. Most recently providing Technical Assistance and training to a national audience on Registered Apprenticeship with a focus on increasing inclusion within Registered Apprenticeship and Pre-Apprenticeship programs through stakeholder and employer education, partnership development and expansion, pilot project development and identifying and sharing innovations and best practices.