Full course description
Pre-Recorded Webinar: You will be taken through a bottom-up examination of LinkedIn. The webinar will examine both the crucial need for a professional LinkedIn profile for job seekers in today’s workforce and provide step by step instruction on building a profile that highlights their: Skills and ability to increase the profits of a potential employer and finally, to attract positive attention from leaders in the field(s) of interest to them.
Upon completion of this webinar, perticipants will be able to:
- Create and build a LinkedIn profile that helps build accord with potential employers.
- Use simple, results-oriented strategies to attract positive attention from industry leaders to fill their LinkedIn network with influencers and decision-makers in their field(s) of interest.
- Create positive, professional content that will help demonstrate their unique strengths, skills and areas of expertise to potential employers.
Presenter: Steve McEvoy
Steve McEvoy is a former NYC 7-12 general and special education social studies teacher with an MA in education from Teachers College Columbia University. He has a passion for teaching young adults with disabilities the necessary skills to succeed in the workplace in the face of discrimination they will encounter.
Due to living with cerebral palsy and a determination to close the disability employment gap since 2012, Steve has been working as a Disability Employment Specialist. His work encompasses three areas:
1) Teach companies how/why hiring and marketing to people with disabilities increases profits and brand presence. In 2016, Steve co-presented on the topic at Googles NYC headquarters. The presentation was simulcast to every Google office worldwide.
2) Write about subjects related to disability and employment.
3) Help people with and without disabilities reach their employment goals.