Full course description
Pre-Recorded Webinar: Employer rejection is an unfortunate reality for customers with disabilities seeking employment. Emotions such as sadness, rage, self-loathing, depression, anxiety and helplessness can stem from unemployment. This training will show participants simple, results-oriented strategies that can be used to help customers proactively deal with employer rejection and lead toward fulfilling employment.
Upon completion of this webinar, customers will be able to:
- Use a variety of proactive strategies to manage the stress, sadness, self-loathing and rage that come from rejection by potential employers.
- Use simple, results-oriented strategies to proactively channel the aforementioned negative feelings and avoid burnout.
- How to identify burnout and rebuild confidence.
Presenter: Steve McEvoy
Steve McEvoy is a former NYC 7-12 general and special education social studies teacher with an MA in education from Teachers College Columbia University. He has a passion for teaching young adults with disabilities the necessary skills to succeed in the workplace in the face of discrimination they will encounter.
Due to living with cerebral palsy and a determination to close the disability employment gap since 2012, Steve has been working as a Disability Employment Specialist. His work encompasses three areas:
1) Teach companies how/why hiring and marketing to people with disabilities increases profits and brand presence. In 2016, Steve co-presented on the topic at Googles NYC headquarters. The presentation was simulcast to every Google office worldwide.
2) Write about subjects related to disability and employment.
3) Help people with and without disabilities reach their employment goals.