Full course description
Pre-Recorded Webinar: Developing employer relationships is a key skill for employment service providers. We will cover the basics of informational interviews; provide a list of best questions, and how to turn these into job interviews for your customers.
Upon completion of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- List basic and more in-depth questions for informational interviews
- How to follow up and continue to developing new employer relationships after the interview
- Create a system for your customer to learn how to perform Informational Interviews
- Define why informational interviews are an essential part of searching for employment
Presenter: Steve McEvoy
Steve McEvoy is a former NYC 7-12 general and special education social studies teacher with an MA in education from Teachers College Columbia University. He has a passion for teaching young adults with disabilities the necessary skills to succeed in the workplace in the face of discrimination they will encounter.
Due to living with cerebral palsy and a determination to close the disability employment gap since 2012, Steve has been working as a Disability Employment Specialist. His work encompasses three areas:
1) Teach companies how/why hiring and marketing to people with disabilities increases profits and brand presence. In 2016, Steve co-presented on the topic at Googles NYC headquarters. The presentation was simulcast to every Google office worldwide.
2) Write about subjects related to disability and employment.
3) Help people with and without disabilities reach their employment goals.