Full course description
Pre-Recorded Webinar: The webinar will be a top-down look at how to provide customers with: Thorough interview prep, leading to a calm, confident presence in the interview itself, that in turn, will help the customer get in accord with decision makers and increase the likelihood that the customer receives a job offer.
- This training counts as 1.5 CEU for UNT WISE
- This training earns 1.5 CEU for CRCC
Upon completion of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Teach customers how to prepare mentally and physically for the interview.
- Teach customers how to remain calm during the interview process.
- Teach customers how to practice alone or with a mentor to craft concise, confident responses to questions.
- How to use LinkedIn and the internet to both get a sense of how disability-friendly, the potential employer is and whether the company and role are a good fit for the customer.
- Teach customers how to proactively follow up with a prospective employer and never wait for a phone call again.
Presenter: Steve McEvoy
Steve McEvoy is a former NYC 7-12 general and special education social studies teacher with an MA in education from Teachers College Columbia University. He has a passion for teaching young adults with disabilities the necessary skills to succeed in the workplace in the face of discrimination they will encounter.
Due to living with cerebral palsy and a determination to close the disability employment gap since 2012, Steve has been working as a Disability Employment Specialist. His work encompasses three areas:
- Teach companies how/why hiring and marketing to people with disabilities increases profits and brand presence. In 2016, Steve co-presented on the topic at Googles NYC headquarters. The presentation was simulcast to every Google office worldwide.
- Write about subjects related to disability and employment.
- Help people with and without disabilities reach their employment goals.