Full course description
Pre-Recorded Webinar: This webinar will explore the crucial role that transportation access plays in employment outcomes, particularly for job seekers with disabilities. Presenters will provide audience members with a thorough understanding of the changing transportation landscape which offers new mobility options. Perspectives from government, mobility management, and industry will illuminate new alternatives to Paratransit for getting to work.
- This training counts as 1 CEU for UNT WISE
- This training earns 1 CEU for CRCC
Upon completion of this webinar, participants will be able to
- Understand, communicate, and offer guidance to consumers on the critical role that transportation plays in obtaining competitive, integrated employment.
- Identify mobility management practices and critical thinking to ensure their consumer’s access to affordable, accessible, on-demand transportation options.
- Share information with consumers about local and regional mobility solutions that Via has made available, spurring from partnerships with transit agencies and aimed at meeting needs of all riders.
Presenters: Lindsey Teel, Aparna Paladugu, & Judy Shanley
Lindsey Teel is a policy advisor at the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Disability Employment Policy, where she serves on a team that examines barriers to employment. Lindsey specializes in transportation equity and access to clean energy jobs. From 2019 to 2020, Lindsey served on a detail to the U.S. Department of Transportation where she helped to organize the Secretary’s Access and Mobility for All Summit, helped shape the Inclusive Design Challenge for automated vehicles, and contributed to the development of a department-wide strategic plan.
Aparna Paladugu, Principal, Federal Policy and Government Affairs, Via. Aparna Paladugu focuses on federal policy and government affairs and accessibility outreach at Via. Prior to Via, she managed policy and regulatory efforts at Zoox, an autonomous vehicle startup acquired by Amazon. Aparna has also served as an appointee in the Obama administration at the US Department of Commerce and on the policy team at the Human Rights Campaign.
Judy Shanley, Ph.D., Asst. VP, Education & Youth Transition, Easterseals and ES Director, National Center for Mobility Management. She manages Federal projects, supports the Federal Transit Administration, and provides technical assistance to human services and transit professionals to build mobility management capacity. Shanley also oversees Easterseals national education and youth transition programs and brings together school and public transportation providers to support the ability of youth to access education, employment, and community living. She earned her Ph.D. in Special Education with a focus on youth transition and an M.B.A. and a Master’s in Rehabilitation Counseling.