Full course description
Pre-Recorded Webinar: Agencies that make up a collective workforce system through the operation of an American Job Center share a challenge in including individuals with disabilities in their Career Pathway models. Operating as an “Employment Network” under the Ticket to Work Program provides an opportunity for workforce collaborations to engage the Social Security Administration as a partner, and increases flexible revenue to addresses gaps in the service system and support their collective impact on the community.
- This training counts as 1 CEU for UNT WISE
- This training earns 1 CEU for CRCC
Upon completion of this webinar, participants will be able to
- Build upon the WIOA vision of agencies operating as a literal employment network, to operation as a Ticket to Work “Employment Network.
- Use this opportunity to strengthen collaborative system response for including people with disabilities in employment services.
- Strengthen VR – Workforce partnership through “Partnership Plus” in AJC operation.
Presenter: Doug Keast
Doug Keast is a Project Manager for the National Disability Institute. Since 1979, he has worked in sheltered workshops, coordinated a Supported Employment and provided technical assistance to County Officials implementing Supported Employment. Doug served on Iowa’s WIA implementation team, that supported the development of the local WIBs, facilitated strategic planning and MOU development between WIBs and the service entities in their communities. With NDI, Doug has provided technical assistance through the Disability Employment Initiative and coordinated NDI’s team addressing WIOA Systems Alignment and Common Performance Measures with the Workforce Innovation Technical Assistance Center (WINTAC). Doug has a Master of Science degree in Vocational Rehabilitation from Drake University.